Kinesiology involves the science of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, psychology, and neuroscience to assess and treat human movement and function.
Kinesiology In Metro Vancouver/Greater Vancouver And The Fraser Valley
Our registered British Columbia Association of Kinesiology (BCAK) kinesiologists design and implement treatment programs aimed at strength conditioning, performance, ergonomics, injury rehabilitation, pain management, and more.
What Is A Kinesiologist?
Kinesiologists are human movement specialists. Kinesiologists use evidence-based research to assess, treat and prevent injury and disease. Kinesiologists also work to promote and improve movement to better enhance performance in daily, work, and leisure activities. Kinesiologists work alongside other healthcare professionals such as occupational therapists, physiotherapists, massage therapists, chiropractors, and medical doctors to provide integrated programming and care.
How Can A Kinesiologist Help You?
Our Infinity Health kinesiologists can help you recover from or prevent injury or illness. Some areas a kinesiologist can help you with include:
- Providing injury assessment and rehabilitation.
- Kinesiologists provide functional assessments and treatments for injuries sustained from work, car accidents, sports, and daily life.
- Treatment may include active rehabilitation in a gym or home setting, pool therapy pain management education, work conditioning, or ergonomic education.
- Assisting in concussion care through a graded exercise program which may also incorporate cognitive treatment.
- Kinesiologists will work alongside other healthcare practitioners if you have suffered from a concussion. Exercise rehab is used to gradually increase your tolerance for movement and exercise after suffering from a concussion. Other areas such as balance and visual exercises may also be worked on during these programs.
- Providing exercise therapy to enhance the lives of individuals suffering from chronic health conditions. This can be performed through a gym/home strengthening program or aquatic therapy.
- Providing exercise therapy to improve mental health by improving fitness, fatigue, and energy. Exercise has been proven to reduce anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Promoting health for general well-being.
- Including seniors – prevention of health diseases, increasing balance and strength of bones, joints, and muscles to reduce risk of injury and falling, improving cardiovascular endurance, and increasing tolerance and strength for daily tasks to maintain independence.
Our Kinesiology Services
Our kinesiologists work with you to develop a treatment plan tailored to your needs and preferences. Our kinesiology services include:
ICBC Kinesiology Coverage
If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident, ICBC provides coverage for the first 12 weeks after your crash for 12 kinesiology sessions. Please see our ICBC coverage page for more details.